On October 18 in Lugano, Switzerland the Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management, the confederation of the world's major public relations and communication management associations and institutions, launched an international survey.
The online survey will explore the key trends and priorities of PR professionals from around the world.
The input of the Australian PR and communication profession will be significant, not least because we are set to welcome our international colleagues to Melbourne in just over a year’s time to demonstrate and share the expertise, insights and direction of our profession.
“For public relations and communication management, this is a time of transformational change and unprecedented opportunity to enhance our contributions to organizations and to society,” says Global Alliance Chair Daniel Tisch. “By identifying global industry trends and the priorities of Global Alliance members on every continent, the results of this survey will help shape the way we promote our global profession in the years to come.”
The Global Alliance has invited the leaders of its member associations to provide consolidated association responses, and also to share the survey widely with their members. The results will be shared in early 2012, and considered by the Global Alliance in planning a global advocacy initiative leading up to the Seventh World Public Relations Forum in Melbourne, Australia in November 2012. The survey will be open until December 16, 2011.
Among the trends the survey will explore are:
• The use of digital and social media in public and stakeholder relations;
• The value of research and data to drive and measure communications;
• The incorporation of behavioural and psychological sciences into public relations;
• The role of the practitioner in defining an organization’s character and culture; and
• The trend toward integrated reporting of an organization’s financial and societal performance.